What's New in v4.6
New in the Open
As of September 10th. 2013 the official release of OpendTect v4.6 is available from the download page.
Highlights in OpendTect
- An improved Installer with cross-platform offline installation support
- Improved, faster 2D displays
- Angle-based output added to Pre-stack attribute
- Easier access to the rock-physics library
- Well log tools now includes a frequency filter tool
- Format/scaling options available while merging seismic cubes
- Backus upscaling is used when generating any synthetic seismic dataset
- Multi-import tools for well tracks, log, markers, and 3D horizons ("Bulk import")
- New 2D pre-stack viewer, including mute and angle gather displays, and pre-processing
- New Time/Depth model manager for wells
- The Seismic Reference Datum is now a survey setting, it is no longer a well attribute
- Time/Depth converted scenes can be made with a constant velocity or velocity gradient
- Synthetic 1D/2D Probability Density Function (PDF) generator
- Comments can be written on datasets that have a manager, from that data manager
- 2D log viewer can be used from various new places (well manager, rock physics, ...)
- Utilities in the body manager: merge, region body, combine, switch, calculate volume
- Layers can be manually edited or removed during layer modelling
- Synthetic datasets (traces and horizons) can be saved and retrieved during layer modelling.
New in the Closed Source Part
- First full release of SynthRock featuring a full suite of tools for synthetic seismic generation, raytracing, modelling
- Model: build wedge models, cross-sections from wells, or Monte-Carlo style simulations
- Create: pre-stack synthetic seismic data generation using state of the art raytracing, reflectivity calculations, cross-over handling, and frequency-domain convolution. Optionally includes generating internal multiples and PS conversions
- Modify: all parameters can be modified on the fly to instantly analyze the response on the seismic data
- Analyze: perform fluid replacements draw conclusions about your reservoir
- Match: the synthetic data to your real-world data and invert to rock property probabilies without the need for acoustic, or elastic inversion.
- New plugin from ARKeX with a powerful integrated potential fields modelling.
- HorizonCube editor has 2D support along with algorithm improvements for 3D
- New HorizonCube attributes: Polar dip, Event curvature and QC attribute
- Introducing HorizonCube Data objects to store attribute data along HorizonCube events which can be displayed in 3D slider
- Possibility to add more iterations to 2D HorizonCube
- HorizonCube within bodies
- An improved horizon-fault trimming tool with multiple gridding options.
- Random line display in Wheeler scene
- New depositional models (Channel stages and Stratal packages) added to the library
- Optional AGT (Absolute Geological time) annotations available in Wheeler scene displays
- Statistical curve display and RGT (Relative Geological Time) annotations added to the Systems Tract interpretation window.
- New dip-steered gridding algorithm to grid sparsely interpreted horizons along seismic events.
Well Correlation Panel
- Various improvements in display.
- Direct access to and from Petrel is offered through the Petrel Connector and GeoDataSync.