Petrel* Plugin Administration
Installing the PIP file
The plugin can also be installed to Petrel* with the help of the PIP file in the usual way, where you have to use the Plugin manager tool from the menu: File-Options-Plugin manager. Press 'Install plugin' and select the downloaded PIP file. After installation restart Petrel* to activate the plugin.
In order to install the updated version of the plugin, please remove the old one from the Petrel* plugin manager, and then restart Petrel* and install the plugin as described above.
- Download PIP file for Petrel 2014
- Download PIP file for Petrel 2015
- Download PIP file for Petrel 2016
Choosing the preferred Communication Port (TCP/IP).
By default the plugin should use the TCP/IP port 57375; in case this port is not available / accessible it can be changed in two ways:
- From plugin user interface, which is available under the “Seismic interpretation” tab in the Petrel* ribbons.
- By adding an environment variable DTECT_PETREL_PORT, and setting its value to the preferred port number which is available for access.
For information about Petrel* please go to this page.
* Petrel is a mark of Schlumberger