[Announce] New development release (3.3.1)

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Fri Oct 3 15:12:14 CEST 2008

Hello all,

The development team happily announces a new 'development' release of
OpendTect: version 3.3.1.

As usual in development versions, you cannot expect bug-free operation
(although we are keen on getting feedback), and you can expect
functionality that is just partly implemented. The main purpose of
development releases are early user and developer feedback.

Still, we think development releases can be very useful for 'production'
work, for example 3.3.1 is the first release with access to GMT, the
Open Source mapping package from the SOEST people of the university of
Hawaii (see http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu).

A few new things are:

- GMT mapping connection
- Color table inside scene
- Distance measure tool
- Fill holes now with 'Convex hull' option

Lastly, this is the first release which is automatically tested using
the CommandDriver plugin. From here we can extend the database of test
scripts and we interested in contributions from users and developers.

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org