[Announce] OpendTect V4.0 is now available for download

Jan Stellingwerff jan.stellingwerff at dgbes.com
Wed Sep 2 15:22:50 CEST 2009

Dear OpendTect user,

OpendTect V4.0 is now available for download from http://www.opendtect.org.
This version is a major release with many new and improved functionalities.
Please see this video for the highlights:
http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/New_in_OD_4.0/New_in_OD_4.0.html

OpendTect v4.0 is _completely free_!
Complete because with this release OpendTect supports all
functionalities needed in seismic interpretation projects.
Free because the software is open source, and can be used at no cost as
dGB has changed its licensing policy.
OpendTect V4.0is released under a triple licensing strategy:
1) under the GNU / GPL license,
2) under a commercial license and,
3) under an academic license.

Under the GNU / GPL license OpendTect is completely free-of-charge,
including for commercial use.
The commercial license enables the user to extend the system with
(closed source) commercial plugins that can either be purchased or leased.
Under the academic license agreement universities can get free licenses
for OpendTect and commercial plugins for R&D and educational purposes.

Existing users, who wish to access the commercial plugins will need a
new license key. Please send your requests to info at dgbes.com.

Due to some last minute logistical problems, some of the plugins will
only be available in a few days. We do apologize for this inconvenience.
Yet, as we are aware that many users are impatient to explore the
numerous new functionalities of OpendTect V4.0, we have decided to make
OpendTect and most of the plugins available for download already as of
today.

Jan Stellingwerff Beintema
Marketing Director
dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
mailto: jan.stellingwerff at dgbes.com,
http://www.dgbes.com
http://www.opendtect.org
Tel: +31 53 4315155