[Developers] OpendTect.org e-mail problems (now solved) and status

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Thu Aug 19 12:34:06 CEST 2004

Hi all,

First of all: we had problems with the opendtect.org e-mail for over a
week. We noticed this the day before yesterday - before that we just
thought it was nicely quiet due to the holliday season.

In any case, it proved to be a hard nut to crack because we have this
'Plesk' web-interface on top of 'Qmail', both not nearly as transparent
as the good old standard mail tools. We probably lost a number of
e-mails, so please re-send if this applies to your e-mail.

As for the status: we are currently working like mad to get 2.0 ready at
the SEG conference, including the new Horizon/fault tracking engine
(which is so much new that we want to go from 1.2 to 2.0 instead of 1.3)
- Kris and Nanne are working on that. Arend is trying to get Windows to
behave and he's to get multi-machine processing working on windows. I
myself am struggling to implement support for 2D seismics, cleaning up
lots of bad parts of the code in the process.

That's it for now.

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Boulevard 1945 - 24, 7511 AE Enschede, The Netherlands