[Developers] Problems with opendtect

Fidel Reyes Ramos frramos at imp.mx
Fri Oct 20 00:08:26 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I traid to install the stable versión of ODT 2.4 in a suse linux machine
with 64 bits.

I downloaded the package with extension .tar.tar, but the script
“install_od” required a file ended with “.tar.gz”, however I renamed the
package, and thing went well.

Next I went to the bin directory in order to execute opendtect. The file
to do this was “start_dtect”, but it complained that the files it
required was in  a directory named lux and not lux64, and I renamed that
directory to lux.

Once I did all this, I call the script “start_dtect” and I got these
messages:

/FS04/petrofisica/frramos/opendtect-2.4/bin/lux/SearchODFile: Exec
format error. Binary file not executable.

/FS04/petrofisica/frramos/opendtect-2.4/bin/lux/SearchODFile: Exec
format error. Binary file not executable.

/FS04/petrofisica/frramos/opendtect-2.4/bin/lux/odmain: Exec format
error. Binary file not executable.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.