[Developers] Building on other (UNIX) platforms

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Fri Sep 7 10:47:34 CEST 2007

Hi all,

We just got a support question from Fidel Reyes Ramos; he wants to port
OpendTect to Itanium Linux (IA64).

My response may be interesting for all, all the more as my reply bounced
(some server near him thinks we are a spam source). Therefore, a reply here:

> Please, confirm If I need these packages in order to compile ODT in
> ITANIUM:
> 1)       Qt
> 2)       FFTW
> 3)       Coin

That's correct.

> Can you confirm that the only package I need to buy is Qt?

Not even that. Even Qt is available for free.

http://www.coin3d.org/lib
http://trolltech.no/developer/downloads/qt/x11
http://fftw.org/download.html

Some notes:

1) For fftw, we use version 3.0.1. If you are using a newer release you
may have to copy the new fftw3.h into src/Algo.

2) To make OpendTect aware of where you installed COIN and Qt, you can
set the environment variables OD_COINDIR and OD_QTDIR.

Good luck!

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands