[Developers] CVS access to OpendTect source code

Nanne Hemstra nanne at opendtect.org
Fri Feb 22 13:30:35 CET 2008

Dear all,

Do you want to stay up to date with our latest developments? A
convenient way of doing so is to get the source code from our CVS
repository. I will explain here how to get (read) access to it.

First of all there are three repositories available: od, od3.1 and od3.0.
od: Our daily work environment
od3.1: Development release
od3.0: Stable release

To checkout a repository, type:
cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.opendtect.org:/cvsroot co repository-name

For example, if you want to have the development release code, run:
cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.opendtect.org:/cvsroot co od3.1

This will create a od3.1 directory, the root of your new work
environment. To update the source code, you can simply run:
cvs update -dP

Before you're able to start compiling, you'll have to initialise your
work environment by executing 'setup_cvstree' from the od3.1 directory.
Apart from creating some platform dependent directories and setting a
few necessary links, it will also create a new file called 'init.csh'
(and init.bash for bash users), edit this file and set the OD_COINDIR
and OD_QTDIR environment variables to the installation directories of
Coin,SoQt,SimVoleon and Qt respectively.
Source this 'init.csh' before compiling, e.g. from your .login or .cshrc
file.

Once you've done all this, type 'cdw' and 'make lib' and there you go!

Note that you'll need to build Qt, Coin, SoQt, SimVoleon and FFTW
packages first before you can compile the OpendTect code.
For package versions, please look at:
http://www.opendtect.org/devel/RELEASEINFO.txt

Best regards,
Nanne