[Developers] Parallel processing support

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgb-group.com
Mon Mar 17 22:32:57 CET 2008

Dear William,
> I am considering an undergraduate research project at Montana Tech wherein I might apply the opendtect software to our Beowulf-class cluster...
>
> Would you forsee great difficulty porting to such a platform?

a Beowulf cluster is normally a very general description of a number of
pc-class machines that are connected to calculate distributed workloads.
OpendTect has the functionality to compute attributes at any combination
of windows, linux, solaris & Apple Macintosh computers. This is done by
dividing the survey into multiple chunks that are sent to the different
machines.

If you can give some more information on what you want to do, I can
certainly give you a more detailed answer!

Best regards,

Kristofer Tingdahl

--
Dr. Kristofer Tingdahl