[Developers] Timestamp problem on Plugin compile

Bert Bril bert.bril at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:06:45 CET 2008

Don wrote:

> I am having a problem creating a shared library of even the simplest
> plugin, i.e Hello. This is due the a mismatched timestamp found by the
> gmake. No* libHello.so* is created, only* libHello.a *

The weird thing is that gnu make reports it has actually re-made
libHello.so:

>   Successfully remade target file
> `/home/caldwell/ODWork32/lib/lux64/G/libHello.so'.

Therefore I think your libHello.so has a bad timestamp. I have no idea
why, but all the signs point to that. If you remove it, then do make
again things should be OK.

I would not try anything with any strange gnu make targets until you're
absolutely sure that your system is unbelievably weird.

Bert