[Developers] Timestamp problem on Plugin compile

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Fri Oct 31 12:06:30 CET 2008

Don,

> Even though the gnu make reports that libHello.so is "successfully
> remade", it never happened. Only libHello.a exists in .../lux64/G
> directory.
> Deleting libHello.a brings the same result(definition of insanity) ,
> that is,  no libHello.so . Need to try something else.

One thing that may be bugging you is that the 'G' subdirectory in
$WORK/lib/lux64 is actually a symbolic link to the same directory.
Although I don't really know *how* this can hurt, I would certainly try
removing the link and making an actual directory there.

Then, before doing make, try 'make -n' first. If libHello.so is still
not a target, I suspect something wrong with some variables. In Pmake,
you can show the contents of variables with the '.q' target, as in:

% make .q v=SHLIBWORK
/d44/bert/dev/od/lib/lux64/G/libHello.so
make .q v=DEFAULTTARGETS
.INIT .FILES /d44/bert/dev/od/lib/lux64/G/libHello.a
/d44/bert/dev/od/lib/lux64/G/libHello.so  .DONE

(note that .FILES would only be there in the development version).

Similarly, we'd want to be looking at SHLIBWORK and SRCFILES

I guess we should further have this discussion off the mailing list,
because I think your problem is rather uncommon ...

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org