[OpendTect_Developers] Custom data management

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Wed Dec 16 13:14:44 CET 2009

Hi all,

I just got a question about whether it was possible to create a
separate, custom 'section' in the survey data store.

Yes, that is possible, and it's currently already done by the Madagascar
and GMT plugins. See for example plugins/uiMadagascar/uimadpi.cc. In
your surveys you will find 'Madagascar' and 'GMT' subdirectories as a
result of that.

What happens is that the IO Manager IOM() is requested to ensure that a
certain subdirectory with a certain ID is present. Only the very first
time a plugin is run, the directory and .omf will be created. As a
result, in your plugin, you can make objects and select them just like
standard objects like wavelets.

Some time ago I also made a plugin that shows how to do this in a bare
form. I have updated this a bit, and you can download it from:

ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/src/uiowniodir.tar.gz

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org