[Developers] Pre-release OpendTect 3.4.1

Nanne Hemstra nanne at opendtect.org
Fri Jun 26 12:30:04 CEST 2009

Dear all,

The pre-release for OpendTect 3.4.1 is ready. The packages are now
available at:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/v3.4.1-pre/pkgs/

As with OpendTect  3.3, there's a separate development package which
contains all tools to build your plugins.
Due to some doxygen problems the classdoc is not ready yet, but will be
available next week.

For Windows developers things will change a bit. First of all we've used
Visual Studio 8 in stead of Cygwin/MinGW to build the Windows release.
The developers package contains a Tutorial solution to show how to build
plugins now. You will find this in: $WORK/plugins/msvc
Second, we also support Windows 64bit, which comes with it's own
developers package.
We're working on an update of the programmers manual which will explain
the usage of Visual Studio in more detail. Also available next week.

Compared to 3.2 and 3.3 many interfaces have been changed. The results
of our plugin compile test can be found here:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/v3.4.1-pre/3.3_2_3.4.txt

Any comments, remarks, suggestions or questions ... Please let us know,
so we can work towards a stable 3.4 release.

Best regards,
Nanne

--
- Nanne Hemstra