[OpendTect_Developers] The recorded webinar on OpendTect attributes development is online

Helene Huck helene.huck at dgbes.com
Fri Aug 13 15:43:24 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I would first wish to thank those of you who attended the webinar on
'how to program your own attribute in OpendTect'.
For people who could not attend, or even for attendees who would want to
review some particular point, we did record the entire webinar. You can
view the presentation and the questions&answers session using this link:
http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/Webinar_How_to_program_your_own_attribute/Webinar_How_to_program_your_own_attribute.html
We would also appreciate if those who attended the live webinar or
viewed the record could give us feedback by filling in this form
<https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE01YkRfV1FvSG9sLVFWcjFGa19FUWc6MQ>
(5 questions, rougthly 5 minutes).
The code of the attribute I developed in front of the audience is
available at:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/src/Webinar_code_Ridging_Attribute.tar.gz
it contains 2 directories: RidgingAttribute which holds the files for
the attribute itself and uiRidgingAttribute which codes for the user
interface.

To start developing your attribute I invite you to download the
development package at
http://www.opendtect.org/index.php/download.html
with it you will be able to create easily a good development environment
and it contains all the open source code of OpendTect which will also
constitute a good example; you might also want to look at the tutorial
plugin and the Programmer's manual
<http://www.opendtect.org/rel/doc/Programmer/>
If you wish to develop your own attribute and still have questions you
can of course also participate to an attribute development course either
in the Netherlands or in our Houston office, do not hesitate to contact us!

If you still have questions you can contact me, good luck with attribute
development!
Best regards,
Helene

-- Helene Huck
-- Geophysical software engineer
-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: helene.huck at dgbes.com, http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104