[OpendTect_Developers] help with static libs

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Wed Mar 23 09:55:46 CET 2011

Marcio,

> my compilation worked, but when I try to load the plugin I get an error
> ( saying that my functions from MiniSicres are undefined ).
> I put libMiniSicres.a on:
> .../ODWork/lib/lux64
> .../opendtect-4.0.1/plugins/lux64/libs/
> .../opendtect-4.0.1/lib/lux64/G

... but not $WORK/lib/lux64/G . That is where all libraries are that you
make yourself. The Pmake scripts expect any archive there, amongst the
other .a files.

I would like to repeat: use 'make -n' to see what commands are actually
generated. You need to inspect that carefully. Look for a line with
'mkshobjlib'. If the libMiniSicres.a is not on that line, or if the path
to libMiniSicres.a is not correct, then it won't work.

If you still cannot get it working, include output from make -n ...
*please*. Oh and maybe it's time to take this off the mailing list,
things are becoming very specific for you here.

> I tried to use as a shared lib, but without success.

What good is such a remark without information? All I can say now is: it
*can* work, other people use it.

/Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org