[OpendTect_Developers] Adding external library to current opendtect installation

Khaerul Adzany khaerul.adzany at waviv.com
Fri Mar 25 10:32:46 CET 2011

Dear All,

I have successfully adding an external library for my plugin (Alglib,
http://alglib.net).
So, I configured opendtect $ODWork (copying the .so, .a and header files on
their appropriate folders, i think), modifying module list on
make.od.ModDeps and modfying the plugin's makefile.
Here's what I'm doing:

   1. Copy (or link) *.so file into $(ODWork)/bin/lux32/G/so
   2. Copy (or link) *.a and * so into $(ODWork)/lib/lux32/G
   3. Copy *.h files of our external library into $(ODWork)/include/Alglib
   4. Copy *.cpp/*.cc files of our external library into
   $(ODWork)/src/Alglib
   5. Edit make.od.ModDeps file in $(ODWork)/Pmake, adding LAlglib :=
   -lAlglib3 and IAlglib := Alglib
   6. Edit our plugin makefile, add Alglib to our MODDEPS variable

And my code was compiled fine.

But there is a problem when I want to run my plugin on a default opendtect
installation, the plugin was not loaded.
I have tried copying my alglib's .so and .a files to opendtect's
installation folder (just like what I'm doing previously on $ODWork) but
still the plugin was not loaded at all !
What I want to achieve is to make my plugin recognizes the alglib's .so file
so it can be loaded by opendtect.

If there's anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thank you,

Khaerul Adzany