[OpendTect_Developers] uiCheckList : selections made easier

Raman Singh raman.singh at dgbes.com
Fri Oct 21 13:39:42 CEST 2011

Dear fellow developers,

Sometimes we want to let the users select items from a list with some
pre-conditions. In OpendTect 4.3.0 we have introduced a new class called
uiCheckList (include/uiTools/uichecklist.h) for the purpose. It
basically gives you a set of check-boxes (one for each item) which the
user can check/uncheck subject to some conditions (uiCheckList::Pol)
which is the most interesting part:

/Unrel/: No conditions, all checkboxes are independent of one another.
/NotAll/: Any number of boxes can be ckecked but not all at a time.
/AtLeastOne/: You cannot have all boxes unchecked,
/Chain1st/: All other boxes become avaliable only when the 1st one is
checked.
/ChainAll/: Check status of nth box determines the availability of all
the trailing boxes.

For example you can look at the uiStratLayerModelLauncher in
src/uiWellAttrib/uistratlayermodel.cc.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Raman