[OpendTect_Developers] Assert Problem

David d'Angelo david.d-angelo at iais.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 9 10:04:34 CET 2012

Hi Kristofer,

thanks for the info.
I wrote some scripts to automatically download all dependencies of
OpendTect and build them in an separate folder. This was very
convenient, since I installed the software on more than one developer
machines. Coin was no problem, but the simvoleon headers had to be added.
 From a usability perspective, I would suggest you add a CMAKE variable
pointing to the SIMVoleon include directory. You can try to
automatically detect it when the users specifies the simvoleon library.
I would also suggest to add a short note that you need to link against
the static simvoleon lib.
These two things would have saved me some time. :-)

Cheers,
David

On 11/9/12 8:01 AM, Kristofer Tingdahl wrote:
> Dear Angelo,
>
> Normally SIMVoleon, SoQt and Coin are installed under the same
> directory (COINDIR). We then include ${COINDIR}/include and that
> should do the trick. If SIMVoleon is installed elsewhere, it has to be
> added manually. The CMakeFiles we ship are the same ones we use when
> building OpendTect (or should at least be). Where did you install
> SIMVoleon?
>

> - Kristofer
>

> --
> Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.