[OpendTect_Developers] Remote horizon seed picking

David d'Angelo david.d-angelo at iais.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 29 12:57:16 CET 2012

Hi folks,

I am working on a plugin, which remotely adds seed points to the active
horizon tracker.
When receiving a pick point from the remote software, I am doing to
following (hack to check the idea):

//Transform the point into the UTM coordinate system
Coord3 utmPos = convertICLToUTM(iclPos) //custom function
//try to get the first tracker
MPE::EMTracker* tracker = engine.getTracker(0);
//cast it to a horizon3d tracker
MPE::Horizon3DTracker * horizon3dTracker =
dynamic_cast<MPE::Horizon3DTracker *>(tracker);
//get the seed picker
MPE::EMSeedPicker * seedPicker = horizon3dTracker->getSeedPicker();
//add the seed
seedPicker->addSeed(utmPos);

Unfortunately, I then get the following error message in a pop-up window:
"Tracking Setup has different attributes than your seeds"

I want to use the same selection specs for this point as the tracker
already has. My question now is how I can apply/set this.
Should I use something like:
seedPicker->setSelSpec( clickedas );
If so, how do I get the current active SelSpec.

Or is there another way to do achieve the adding of remote horizon seed
points?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
David