[OpendTect_Developers] Doxygen documentation of current (4.4.0c) OpendTect version

oemergenc at gmail.com oemergenc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:01:35 CEST 2012

Hey there,

is there a way to get a complete and up-to-date documentation of the
current OpendTect release generated by doxygen?
The online resource contains some missing links, especially for the most
important "main pages":

http://www1.opendtect.org/rel/doc/Programmer/Generated/index.html

When clicking on "main page" of a module the link is broken.

However i tried building one on my own. When running the installer i
checked the checkboxes for the following items:

- User Documentation
- Documentation for the dGB Plugins
- Developers' Documentation

After the installation finishes the OpendTect directory contains a "doc"
directory. The contents of this directory seems to miss something.
As i guess the class reference should go to: "doc\Programmer\Generated"

Inside this "Generated" directory should be a subdirectory for each module
of OpendTect. I found an old documentation form here, that contains a
directory structure as described:

ftp://opendtect.org/pub/devel/doc/Programmer/Generated/

However in my local "Generated" directory only exsits a "html" directory
that seems to contain all documentation files. It seems to have the same
broken directory structure as the online resource.

After that i tried to build a documentation using cmake. When configuring
with cmake i made sure "Build documentation" is checked. Therefore cmake
generated a "Doxyfile" inside the "doc\Programmer\Generated" directory.

When running this file with doxygen again the main pages for each module
are missing. It seems that doxygen has a problem with multiple "main pages"
because there is only one. But each module should have its own, as in the
second link.

Can anyone point me in the direction to build a complete and up-to-date
doxygen documentation for OpendTect. I would like to have something similar
to the second link above.

Maybe this is already up-to-date? In the meanwhile i study the comments in
the source files, but it would be so much more comfortable to have a
complete doxygen documentation.

cheers