[OpendTect_Developers] Problems with od_ivfileviewer project

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Fri Apr 26 12:21:33 CEST 2013

Dear Omer,

most probably, there are some environment variables not set. These are
needed by any OpendTect program to function property. In our coming version
of OpendTect, we are working on eliminating them (though it is not our
highest priority). My best bet would be to set the DTECT_APPL environment
variable to the base of your OpendTect installation, i.e. c:\program
files\Opendtect\4.4.0 (or similar).

Internally, that will enable the initiation of the module dependency
manager (ModDepMan<http://static.opendtect.org/progdoc/Generated/html/classOD_1_1ModDepMgr.html>).
In the OD::ModDepMan::ModDepMan, the GetSofwareDir() will be called, and
that will read the DTECT_APPL environment in OpendTect 4.4 In OpendTect
4.6, it should be able to resolve the proper address by itself.

Cheers,

Kristofer Tingdahl

On 25 April 2013 10:34, oemergenc at gmail.com <oemergenc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> currently i am working on an application, in which i quite often need to
> examine the scenegraph of OpendTect. I found the "od_ivfileviewer" project
> inside OpendTect pretty helpful.
>
> Unfortunately it seems only to work when it is started as batchprogram
> inside the OpendTect application. I would like to start it as standalone
> application, since Opendtect takes quite a lot time to start up up. This is
> pretty uncomfortable, cause i have to start it quite often when examining
> scenegraphs.
>
> However the problem is, that when i start the od_ivfileviewer application
> as standalone application i am only able to display scenegraphs that only
> rely on the standard coin classes.
>
> If i try to open the application with a scenegraph file that contains
> OpendTect stuff it fails with a error message. Here it is:
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> ---------------------------
> Assertion failed!
>
> Program: ...
> File: ..\..\lib\VolumeViz\nodes\VolumeData.cpp
> Line: 592
>
> Expression: FALSE
> ---------------------------
>
> It seems that some dependencies are not loaded, although i can see that
> the source contains code for loading the OpendTect dependencies. Note i am
> trying to build the "od_ivfileviewer" project, not the
> "od_ivfileviewer_clean" project.
>
> Is there anything i can do?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Oemer