[OpendTect_Developers] Developers Digest, Vol 8, Issue 10

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Fri Jan 11 11:38:04 CET 2013

Dear Developers,

We have been collaborating with some partners over the requirements for
OpendTect since the last e-mail. Though nothing is settled in stone, there
are a few news where we are going:

Qt-version
OpendTect 4.4 does not build against qt5. We do have internal branches that
do. One problem is that OpenSceneGraph does not work well with Qt5 yet, so
we are waiting for that. It is still our ambition to go for qt5, but a
decision is not made yet. We are probably not going to have a Qt namespace,
but there is no final decision is not made yet.

Linux
We have decided to move the build platform to RHEL5 (Centos 5), as the
industry has moved on.

We are going to start building against qt5 over the coming months, and
depending on the outcome, we will make finalize our environment.

I hope this answers your question,

Kristofer Tingdahl
--
Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.