[OpendTect_Developers] Compiling from sources, some extra issues

Corrao Antonio Antonio.Corrao at eni.com
Thu Jan 24 09:29:19 CET 2013

Dear all, I just wanted to report an additional problem I encountered trying to build OD 4.4 from the sources. The issue can be described as follows:
First time "cmake ." is run, I get the following error:

-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn (found version "1.6.11")
CMake Error at /data/siful7/2/SIT/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindSubversion.cmake:83 (MESSAGE):
  Command "/usr/bin/svn info /data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/4.4.0f.gpl" failed
  with output:

  svn: '/data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/4.4.0f.gpl' is not a working copy

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeModules/ODSubversion.cmake:21 (Subversion_WC_INFO)
  CMakeModules/ODInternal.cmake:85 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:34 (INCLUDE)

In order to overcome it, I edited CMakeModules/ODInternal.cmake commenting out the include(ODSubversion.cmake), and rerun "cmake ."  successfully, i.e. without configuration errors.
Every time a new version comes in, I have to repeat the sequence, i.e. running cmake once with the include statement active, comment this out, rerun cmake.
If I just comment out the include(ODSubversion.cmake), I get errors compiling source files, due to some mSVN macros being not defined.
It seems rather tricky, as the build process has a memory of what happened in previous attempts.
Anyway once this issue is overcome, build proceeds nicely.
I encounterd additional problems of compatibility with proprietary dGB code, but I do not have a complete picture of the situation, so I will postpone comments on that.
Best regards,
AC

Antonio Corrao
[cid:image001.gif at 01CC1F96.78739D20]
Geophysical Studies & Geophysics for Reservoir
eni S.p.A. - Exploration & Production Division
5° P.U. - Via Emilia, 1 - 20097
Room: 4020E - 4th floor East side
San Donato Milanese (MI), Italy
mailto: antonio.corrao at eni.com<mailto:antonio.corrao at eni.com>
Phone: +39 02 520 61150
Fax:     +39 02 520 63897

eni spa
Sede Legale
Piazzale Enrico Mattei, 1
00144 Roma - Italia

Capitale sociale
euro 4.005.358.876,00 i.v.
Codice Fiscale e Registro Imprese di Roma n. 00484960588
Partita IVA n. 00905811006
R.E.A. Roma n. 756453

Sedi secondarie:
Via Emilia, 1 e Piazza Ezio Vanoni, 1
20097 San Donato Milanese (Milano) - Italia

eni.com<http://www.eni.com>

Message for the recipient only, if received in error, please notify the sender and read http://www.eni.com/disclaimer/