[OpendTect_Developers] Automatic setting of output name

Tracy Stark tstark3 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 19 01:21:21 CEST 2013

Howdy,

I am trying to write something similar to the way:

    Processing -> Create Seismic Output -> Attribute

Auto fills in the Output cube name.  As you change the quantity to output,
the Output Cube box changes to reflect the name of the desired output
quantity.  If you Dismiss the window, the names that were place in the
Output Cube box are not left hanging around as empty seismic volumes in the
Manage seismic window.

I can't find where the code is to run this window.

I have tried the following:
    outctio0_.ctxt.forread = false;
    outctio0_.setName("Testing3");
    outctio0_.fillObj();
    outfld0_ = new uiSeisSel(this, outctio0_, uiSeisSel::Setup(Seis::Vol) );
    outfld0_->setLabelText(" Test input ");
    outfld0_->display(true);

Which will display a seismic input widget with the name pre-set to
"Testing3".  If I hit cancel, I find "Testing3" in the Manage seismic
window, and I need to go in and delete it by hand.  (So how could I delete
it automatically?  What would happen if it already existed?)

I want to be able to change the value of "Testing3", but I can't figure out
how to get this change to show up on the screen.

    outctio0_.setName("Testing 1 2 3");
    outctio0_.fillObj();

Will change the name of outctio0_ as verified with:

    uiMSG().error( " outctio0 name is now ", outctio0_.name() );

I have tried doing:
    outfld0_->display(false);
    outfld0_->display(true);
    outfld0_->updateAttrNm();
    outfld0_->setInputText( "Testing 4 5 6");
    outfld0_->updateInput();
    outfld0_->processInput();

But none seem to have any affect.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?