[OpendTect_Developers] Can not run opendtect 4.6 (and 4.4) inside gdb on linux

Corrao Antonio Antonio.Corrao at eni.com
Fri Nov 22 16:16:47 CET 2013

Hi everybody,
I am migrating to version 4.6 (on linux 64 bit), and consequently tried to launch opendtect inside gdb.
Unfortunately it crashes inside libdGBCommon.so (see below).
The message is referred to a plain commercial release of opendtect 4.6.0d, without any proprietary code loaded.

The same problem was present in version 4.4, but I did not investigate any further.
As long as I am recompiling old trusted code, I can hope no debugging is required.
As I develop new plugins, gdb debugging is useful&needed.

As of version 4.4, a gpl distribution with *no* licensed plugins did work with gdb. This would mean debugging without dip-steering support enabled, which is not always feasible.

Any clue? Did you experience similar problems?
Thanks a lot.

Original cmd:  /data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/4.6.0d/bin/od_exec od_main
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/4.6.0d/bin/lux64/Release/od_main...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/4.6.0d/bin/lux64/Release/od_main
warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x2aaaaaaab000
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x40200940 (LWP 22087)]
[New Thread 0x40401940 (LWP 22089)]
[New Thread 0x40602940 (LWP 22090)]
[New Thread 0x40803940 (LWP 22091)]
[New Thread 0x40a04940 (LWP 22092)]
[New Thread 0x40c05940 (LWP 22093)]
[New Thread 0x40e06940 (LWP 22094)]
[New Thread 0x41007940 (LWP 22095)]
[New Thread 0x41208940 (LWP 22096)]
[New Thread 0x41409940 (LWP 22097)]
[New Thread 0x4160a940 (LWP 22098)]
[New Thread 0x4180b940 (LWP 22099)]
[New Thread 0x41a0c940 (LWP 22100)]
[New Thread 0x41c0d940 (LWP 22101)]
[New Thread 0x41e0e940 (LWP 22102)]
[New Thread 0x4200f940 (LWP 22103)]
[New Thread 0x42210940 (LWP 22104)]
[New Thread 0x42411940 (LWP 22105)]
[New Thread 0x42612940 (LWP 22106)]
[New Thread 0x42813940 (LWP 22107)]
[New Thread 0x42a14940 (LWP 22108)]
[New Thread 0x42c15940 (LWP 22109)]
[New Thread 0x42e16940 (LWP 22110)]
[New Thread 0x43017940 (LWP 22111)]
[New Thread 0x43218940 (LWP 22112)]

0x00002aaab7f32430 in ?? () from /data/siful7/2/SIT/opendtect/plugins/dgb.admin/4.6.0d/bin/lux64/Release/libdGBCommon.so
(gdb) quit

Antonio Corrao
[cid:image001.gif at 01CC1F96.78739D20]
Geophysical Studies & Geophysics for Reservoir
eni S.p.A. - Exploration & Production Division
5° P.U. - Via Emilia, 1 - 20097
Room: 4020E - 4th floor East side
San Donato Milanese (MI), Italy
mailto: antonio.corrao at eni.com<mailto:antonio.corrao at eni.com>
Phone: +39 02 520 61150
Fax:     +39 02 520 63897

eni spa
Sede Legale
Piazzale Enrico Mattei, 1
00144 Roma - Italia

Capitale sociale
euro 4.005.358.876,00 i.v.
Codice Fiscale e Registro Imprese di Roma n. 00484960588
Partita IVA n. 00905811006
R.E.A. Roma n. 756453

Sedi secondarie:
Via Emilia, 1 e Piazza Ezio Vanoni, 1
20097 San Donato Milanese (Milano) – Italia

eni.com<http://www.eni.com>

Message for the recipient only, if received in error, please notify the sender and read http://www.eni.com/disclaimer/