[OpendTect_Developers] Adding icon or menu item to 2D Viewer

Mary Rogan mary at structuresolver.com
Wed Nov 27 01:50:07 CET 2013

I am trying to write a plugin which would export data (an image and
horizon/fault segments) from a 2D section to a separate application.   I
would like to add an icon or menu item to all 2D Viewer windows so that the
user can click on the icon/menu item to initiate the export.  I have read
the posts about Notifications/Callbacks etc,  and related macros but, I
can't see how to get a notification from the uiODViewer2DMgr or the
MainWindow when a 2dViewer object is created, so that I can add my item.  I
am probably missing something obvious, and would appreciate some suggestions
on how to do this.

Thanks

Mary