[Users] OpendTect Presentation: Seismic Object Detection Workflow

Friso Brouwer friso.brouwer at dgb-group.com
Mon Jul 24 16:38:46 CEST 2006

Dear all,

For those of you using the OpendTect Neural Network plug-in for Seismic
Object Detection (gas chimneys, faults, salt, mud slides, ...), I have
compiled a presentation reviewing the workflow for this. The
presentation takes you, on a detailed, conceptual level, through the
steps for object detection. The presentation focuses on principles and
"best practices" in an Object Detection workflow: e.g. how to use a
Steering Cube, how to parameterize and test attributes, criteria for
selecting example locations for NN training and how to use a "test set"
to determine stopping points for Neural Network training. Many images
are included to show which buttons to click in OpendTect to start with a
particular task. However, for a complete digital implementation this
presentation should be used in conjunction with the OpendTect help
utility.

Please find the presentation at this location:
http://www2.dgb-group.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,29/
or
ftp://ftp.dgb-group.com/pub/Training_Object_detection_and_interpretation_workflow.pps

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Friso GC Brouwer
Geoscientist

dGB-USA
One Sugar Creek Center Boulevard