[Users] abort error - XY-scale

Gery Herbozo Jimenez gamejihou at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:30:19 CEST 2007

Dear OD users,

I have a problem with an unexpected error message during a 2D data set
visualization, I've uploaded 12 seismic lines into a lineset and when try to
visualize two of them (approximately, 10 thousand traces each one), it
appears in my shell terminal the following message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Abort

Someone knows if this is a bug or if it's related to the hardware features
where OD is running? may be something about OpenGL? I'm running OD under
OpenSuse 10.2 (32-bit Linux i586) installed in a notebook with ATI MOBILITY
RADEON 9700 video card, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 512 RAM. I use
OpenDtect V3.0.2d.

Also, someone knows if there is an icon similar to the "Z-scale" but for
parallel seismic lines, i.e., how could adjust the space between two seismic
lines placed very closed?

Any hint would be very grateful.

With Best Regards,

Gery.