[Users] Mac users, any luck displaying numerous seismic attributes?

Akio Sakai akios_ at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 06:33:57 CEST 2007

Hi

I now installed OD 3.1.4a on intel Mac (3GB memory, ATY RadeonX1600)
with Mac OS X 10.4.10 and tried to open a couple of 3D files and 2D
files at my hand ( 5 sec at 2msecSR, 400 CMPs/file).  I could do.
But I guess you mean 'numerous' by more or much longer sections.

System requirement seems to be Mac OS X 10.4.4 for OD 3.0 now (ftp://
ftp.opendtect.org/pub/rel/hardware_requirements.html).  I am not sure
what is the OS requirement for older version of OD.  One thing to
firstly try would be to update OD and OSX 10.3* to OS X 10.4.4 or
more for Power PC Mac and display large files as OD is coded by PPC
native. Clock speed would not be so essential if you are patient.

Akio