[Users] request

Arnaud Huck arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com
Fri Sep 28 14:55:33 CEST 2007

Dear Mehdi, dear OpendTect users,
We are looking at implementing a statistical wavelet extraction
algorithm in OpendTect at the moment. More sophisticated extraction
tools are available in other commercial software packages.

Concerning the inversion to impedance, you can already apply seismic
coloured inversion in OpendTect, using the plugin made by ArkCls. In
order to get an absolute impedance volume, ArkCls and Earthworks
Environment & Resourced Ltd (http://www.sorviodvnvm.co.uk) released a
beta version of a brand new impedance inversion plugin. This latter
includes a deterministic model based inversion algorithm, kriging tools
and a Multi-Point Stochastic Inversion algorithm. More details can be
found on their website.

Best regards,
Arnaud.

-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com, http://www.dgb-group.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104