[Users] Red Hat Enterprise 5

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Fri Apr 11 10:51:18 CEST 2008

Arnaud,

> OpendTect should run without any problem on Red Hat Entreprise 5. It is
> compiled on CentOs 4.5. The most common problem with new linux versions
> is coming the "SeLinux" that should best be disabled (ask your system
> administrator for the details).

No, he has different problems. His window manager crashes when OpendTect
starts. I'd call that a severe problem.

> We use internally OpendTect on RHE4, CentOs 4.5, CentOs 5 (equivalent to
> RHE5) and Fedora Core 7.

The point of Hesam's posting is to ask people whether they have similar
experiences with RH5 (i.e. that it didn't/doesn't work). I already told
Hesam that we use CentOS 5 a lot here, and CentOS (as we all know - see
centos.org) is made directly from RH source files (but it's free).

So, if anyone has/had similar problems, it may be interesting how these
were (not) solved ...

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands