[Users] Chimney cube

Friso Brouwer friso.brouwer at dgb-group.com
Fri Apr 11 22:12:15 CEST 2008

Dear Akuruchai,

"frequency wash-out ratio (RMS)" is not the final output attribute. The
purpose of the NN Chimneycube attribute set is to have multiple
attributes available that can serve as input for a neural network (NN),
one of the OpendTect plug-ins. Basically the combination of attributes
and a neural network make sure that different aspects of gas chimneys
(verticality, chaotic reflectors, incoherency between traces, low S/N
ratio,  bias in the frequency spectra) are detected.  This results in a
better picture of the object "gas chimney".

The workflow is as follows. You as a user pick (using 2 picksets)
positive and negative examples for the feature "chimney". Then the NN is
trained using the these multiple attributes , which are extracted at the
picked locations (together with the user defined answer "chimney" or
"not chimney"). Once the NN is trained on these known points the NN can
be applied on the rest of the seismic volume for QC and to create a
stored volume in "process seismics". More information can be found from
this pages:

http://www2.dgb-group.com/nn_doc.html
and
http://www2.dgb-group.com/rel/html/dgb/c892.htm#LINK-MAKE.CHIMNEYCUBE