[Fwd: Re: [Users] fluid-effect-in-channel]

Friso Brouwer friso.brouwer at dgb-group.com
Thu Mar 6 17:39:09 CET 2008

User Chris Ross pointed out to me that if you have near and far stacks
available the FNF (far-near)*far AVO attribute is a powerful tool to map
saturation. He proposes the following implementation: (Energy (Far Angle
Stack)-Energy (Near Angle Stack))*Far Angle Stack

This equation is easily recreated in OpendTect using the "energy" and
"mathematics" attributes. Similar equations can be used to (re)-combine
AVO intercept and slope volumes into new attributes within OpendTect.

Regards,

Friso