[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect Self Training Course

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Thu Dec 24 13:11:56 CET 2009

Dear OpendTect user,

Please be informed that we have released a training course for
self-training in OpendTect and plugins. The course manual describes
exercises, tips and tricks and where needed a bit of theory. All
exercises are done on the F3 data set that can be downloaded as
bit-torrent from the Open Seismic Repository. You have to download the
complete version. If you also wish to practice how to load data
(seismic, horizons, wells) you will need to also download the raw data
as a separate bit-torrent. All commercial plugins run on F3 without a
license key (this is a special feature of the F3 data set). Please note
that in order to run plugin exercises you need to have installed the
commercial version of OpendTect as the GPL version comes without
(commercial) plugins.

All course material can be downloaded from here:
http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/f3-demo-training.html .

Secondly, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support in
2009. It has been a fantastic year for OpendTect. The software grew
exponentially in terms of functionality and number of users. We counted
more than nine thousand downloads since the release of version 4 on
September 1st.

On behalf of all of us at dGB I sent you our Seasonal Greetings and Best
Wishes for 2010!

Best regards,

Paul de Groot.

! Please Note the new website and email address!

-- Paul de Groot
-- President & CEO
-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2
-- 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- paul.degroot at dgbes.com
-- http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104