[Users] PDF3D plugin

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Wed Jun 17 14:12:20 CEST 2009

Dear OpendTect user,

It is my pleasure to inform you that ARK CLS has now officially released
their latest OpendTect plugin: PDF3D. The initial release is for
OpendTect v3.2.2 (the current stable release) under Linux 64 only.
(Other platforms will be supported in version 3.4 that is due for
release later this Summer.)

PDF3D allows you to grab a 3D OpendTect scene and to store this in pdf
format. The pdf file can then be shared with colleagues, managers and
partners who can open it in the free Acrobat Reader, or embedded into a
Powerpoint presentation. In Acrobat Reader (v8 and higher) you can view,
rotate, zoom, toggle elements on and off, and otherwise manipulate 3D
graphics. Acrobat Reader is not a substitute for a real 3D visualization
system like OpendTect, which dynamically changes resolution during
interactions. We therefore advise to limit the size of the 3D scene
before exporting it to pdf. Used in this way PDF3D will revolutionize
your technical reporting.

PDF3D is released as a commercial plugin to OpendTect. For a free trial
until 1 August, please follow the instructions for installation of the
software and for installing the license key given in this directory:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/tmp/pdf3d .

For price information, please contact me.

Good luck and best regards,

Paul de Groot.

! Please Note the new website and email address!

-- Paul de Groot
-- President & CEO
-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2
-- 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- paul.degroot at dgbes.com
-- http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104