[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect users

Jan Stellingwerff jan.stellingwerff at dgbes.com
Wed Jan 13 09:59:03 CET 2010

Dear OpendTect users,

first of all I wish to welcome all the new users of this users
mailinglist to the worldwide Opendtect community.

We are happy to see, that the number of participants to this mailinglist
has grown enormously, in particular since the beginning of September
2009, when OpendTect has been released under the GNU/GPL license. We
wish to remind all the Opendtect users, who are using the GNU/GPL
version, that many closed source plugins have been developed for
Opendtect. These plugins allow very advanced and unique workflows. A
list and description of these plugins can be found at
http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/products.html . In order to have access
to these plugins, you need to use the commercial version of Opendtect
and obtain a license key for the plugins.

With the increasing number of participants, the number of postings has
also grown.
Therefore I wish to remind you some basic rules:
The Opendtect users mailinglist is intended for the public posting of
subjects, which are of general interest to all the Opendtect users
worldwide. This can for example concern general questions on how to
perform a specific workflow. But you can also share tips & tricks on
specific workflows, which you have found to be handy and which might
also be of interest to other users.

This mailing list is NOT to be used to discuss about specific bugs,
installation problems, system crashes or how to setup a survey ! For
these individual problems and bugs, please contact our support
department at support at opendtect.org .

Please remember that a lot of information and help can be found on the
support pages of our websites www.opendtect.org and www.dgbes.com. Here
you can find a full  OpendTect- and plugin- documentation, a workflow
documentation, tutorial videos, how to manuals and even a self-study
OpendTect training course.

Please continue sharing your experience with Opendtect. Together we can
and will continue to make OpendTect even better !

--
Jan Stellingwerff Beintema
Marketing Director