[OpendTect_Users] Multi-machine batch setup...

Michael James Mazur michael.mazur at agr-ps.com
Thu Jun 3 12:50:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get multi-machine batch processing setup on a number of
windows boxes. They're running a combination of XP64 and Windows 7
(64-bit) and are presenting a bit of a challenge. I wonder if anyone has
successfully done this and by which method. I presume that remote
command service is 32-bit only (since it doesn't start on a 64-bit
machine) and can find little info on a 64-bit equivalent from Microsoft.
Is Cygwin the way to go then or is there another way? Which services are
actually required for remote processing (telnet, rsh, ftp,...)?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Mazur

Senior Geophysicist