[OpendTect_Users] .dzt to .sgy

Matthias Schuh m.schuh at neckargeo.net
Wed Mar 10 09:36:44 CET 2010

Bert Bril schrieb:
> Why does everyone want to create SEG-Y files? If you have an exotic
> format, most likely there are tools to dump your data as Ascii. That is
> *so* much easier to handle than that dreaded SEG-Y ...

I would not call that exactly exotic, given the small number of
different GPR file formats available today. Nonetheless, I share your
feelings with regards to SEG-Y :-)

> If you can get the traces into rows then the 'Simple File' seismic
> import should do the trick.

But, on the way to ASCII you are going to lose all the information
stored in the file and trace headers of your original .dzt files, eg.
survey geometries and positions (I believe, the SIR3000 does record
those during the survey). Which - depending on the amount of data in
question - can lead to really time-consuming manual reorientation and
scaling of the profiles afterwards.

--
Matthias Schuh, Dipl. Geologe

neckargeo.net