[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect Multiple 3D Surveys

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Fri May 28 11:59:40 CEST 2010

Hi Graham,

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet.

We are currently discussing a sponsored development project consisting
of many improvements and extensions. One of the items on the list
addresses this problem. The solution proposed by the sponsor is to remap
the traces in the second survey to the master grid defined by the first
survey.

If the project flies we can support this in a future release.

However, at his point in time we do not know whether this item will make
the actual development list. I therefore invite other potential sponsors
to step forward. With multiple sponsors it is also possible to extend
the scope of the project. For example, it seems logical to also support
trace interpolations such that we can fill in missing traces and create
pseudo 3D volumes from 2D surveys. More funds would also enable us to
implement multiple interpolation algorithms.

Best regards,

Paul.

! Please Note the new website and email address!

-- Paul de Groot
-- President & CEO
-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2
-- 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- paul.degroot at dgbes.com
-- http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104