[OpendTect_Users] Seismic Attribute Normalization

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Sun Aug 21 14:06:10 CEST 2011

Hello Mohsen,

I assume that you use the Unsupervised Vector Quantizer (UVQ) neural network
from OpendTect's neural networks plugin. If so, then there is no need for
normalizing the input attributes. The software automatically scales all
input attributes to fall within a dynamic range from 0 to 1.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
*Paul de Groot
President
> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am going to cluster (un-supervised) some seismic attributes which are
> calculate by opendtect. The calculated attributes have different value
> ranges which causes the  multi-attribute clustering encounters some
> problems. To solve this problem, it seems all the involved attributes must
> be normalized in an specified range. Is there any way in opendtect to
> normalize the seismic attributes in an specified range? (such as gaussian
> distribution)
>
> Thanks all,
> Mohsen.

*