[OpendTect_Users] Scaling depth

Friso Brouwer friso.brouwer at dgbes.com
Tue Apr 10 17:30:29 CEST 2012

I agree with Mike, easiest is to reimport the data , choose "No the file is
not segy rev1" when prompted during the import, this will give you most
options to overrule any segy headers that need to be overruled.

Regarding Salva's suggestion I also wanted to mention that the current
development release (430d) has included a tool to manipulate segy headers
values (accessed via the segy import and export). Probably you will not
need that tool to import this 2D data correctly, but it is a will help you
to prepare incorrect segy files for other applications or add header values
that are not set in the regular OpendTect segy exports - e.g. adding an
offset or azimuth header to an seismic attribute volume generated from a
specific partial stack.

Cheers,

Friso

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Salva. <salvanet at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> You could use seisee free application to update binary header of segy
> files.
>
> http://www.dmng.ru/seisview/
>
> Salva
>
> El 5 de abril de 2012 17:57, Mike Stone <mstone at act3solutions.com>escribió:
>
> Jim,
>>
>> Can't you just override the sample rate on load?
>>
>> Take a look at the overrules tab and see if that will work.
>>

>> If you actually need to stretch and interpolate it, I think you can do it
>> but it might be tricky.
>>

>> Mike Stone
>> 832-768-0884
>> MStone at ACT3Solutions.com
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Jim Flocks <jflocks at usgs.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> I have some old 2D analog profiles that were scanned and converted to
>>> segy
>>> format.  I successfully imported them into OD, but unfortunately during
>>> the
>>> scanning process a wrong sweep was applied, 0.25 seconds instead of 0.5
>>> seconds
>>>
>>> Can I use the Mathematics Attribute in OD to rescale the vertical (e.g.
>>> Z*2)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jim

Friso Brouwer