[OpendTect_Users] Problem when importing data

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Thu Aug 16 17:08:22 CEST 2012

Hi Anders,

OK, you have 2D seismic (not 3D as I thought).

The organization of 2D data in OpendTect is confusing and we will change
the way we are doing this in the next major release (next year). In your
case I notice that you have named the lineset "Seis" and the line name
"RAW-STK-XXXX026". I recommend changing that because OpendTect tries to be
clever by calling the first attribute "seis", which happens to be also your
lineset name.

So, let's start again: Load your data in a Lineset that you will call e.g.
"My-Lines". This lineset contains at least one, possibly more, lines that
are all from the same vintage. (My-Lines may contain raw stacks, migrated
stacks, and any number of attributes. It differs from other linesets
because it contains lines with similar characteristics, e.g. all the lines
acquired in the campaign of 2001 are stored in the lineset named
"lines_2001", while older lines are stored in lineset "lines_1985"). Let's
call your first line: line_026. The seismic data will be called "seis"
(unless you give it a different name). Now load all other lines (line_001,
line_002, ...) into the same lineset.

To avoid data loading errors I suggest to split your Result1 file such that
each seismic line has its own ascii file containing Results1. Call this
e.g. "line_026_Results1". When you now import the ascii file you select the
input file (line_026_Results1). Press the Select button next to the output
field (Output Lineset / Attribute). In the new window select the Lineset
(My-Lines) and specify the name of the Attribute, e.g. call this
"Results1". Press OK and select Line name "line_026" and press Go. Repeat
this for all lines in the lineset and for all Results.

If you have a lot of lines and a lot of Results to load you could consider
running the Command Driver (under Utilities -> Tools -> Command Driver).
This will create a parameter file that you can duplicate and modify to suit
your problem before running it in batch.

Good luck and best regards,

Paul.

--
*Paul de Groot