[OpendTect_Users] Madagascar program sfattr

Raman Singh raman.singh at dgbes.com
Wed Feb 8 07:55:16 CET 2012

Hi Chris,

The 'Plot Command' in the Madagascar interface of OpendTect was actually
aimed at extracting plots at different stages of processing. But you can
use it to do any kind of branching involving an input RSF stream. For
example, in your case you can add a plot command like

sfattr > /tmp/stats.txt

to get the data statistics at the desired stage of processing.  You just
need to 'create' a plot command with the above text in the 'Command to
generate plot' field and leave the 'Command to show plot' field empty.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please write to
support at opendtect.org.

Best regards,
Raman

On 02/05/2012 03:38 AM, Chris Irvine wrote:

> Is it possible to see the results of sfattr in the log file when it is
> run from the Madagascar Interface?  It is useful to know if there are
> spikes etc in the input dataset and if they are removed by later
> processing.  Is there a Plot Command that is needed to quickly show
> these dataset statistics?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Irvine
>
> Consulting Geophysicist
>
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada

- Raman K Singh
- Manager - Software Development
-
- dGB Earth Sciences
- 304, Gateway Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India
- Phone: +91 22 25704984 , Fax: +91 22 25704977, Mobile: +91 9833452542
- mailto:raman.singh at dgbes.com, http://www.dgbes.com