[OpendTect_Users] computing time for dip steering median filter

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Thu Jan 19 14:28:43 CET 2012

Hi Antonio,

For these kind of situations OpendTect supports multi-machine batch
processing. You have to set up your environment such that you run the job
on all machines (clusters, workstations of your colleagues etc.) available
to you. To be nice to your colleagues you can opt to run your job during
after office hours.

Please see the "Help-Admin ..." documentation Chapter 4.4 for set up
details. If you run into problems, please ask support at dgbes.com for
assistance.

Good luck and best regards,

Paul de Groot.

--
*Paul de Groot
President
Antonio.Rocha at barraenergia.com.br> wrote:

>  Hi****
>
> ** **
>
> I´m trying to run a dip steering median filter in one machine and facing
> computing time troubles:****
>
> ** **
>
> **a)      **Dell Precision T5500 – Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.47 GHz – 48 GB
> Ram – 64 bits****
>
> **b)      **Cube is 200 GB big (very big indeed) – PSDM from 0 to 12000 m*
> ***
>
> **c)       **I´ve a 555 steering cube as background – with FULL****
>
> **d)      **I´ve tested stepout in one line – 11 x 22 x 44 x 66 x 88****
>
> **e)      **88 seemed to be the best but didn´t run****
>
> **f)       **66 was cut back to 3000 to 12000 and took 12 h to run 2% (25
> days to complete!)****
>
> **g)      **I´m trying now 44****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I wonder if there are other ways to tackle this, since it´s too much time
> even considering the cube is big.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best Regards****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> [image: Descrição: Descrição: Descrição: F:\BACKUP -
> Diário\Danilo\Documentos - Barra Energia\Logo\versão
> OFICIAL\logo_barra_energia.jpg] *Antonio Rocha*****
>
> Geofísico Senior - Senior Geophysicist****
>
> Avenida Abelardo Bueno, 199, room 203 – Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro,
> Brasil****
>
> CEP 22775-040****
>
> Tel +5521 30372773****
>
> Cel +5521 72050965****