[OpendTect_Users] Phase of the data

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Fri May 25 14:28:20 CEST 2012

Dear Yoon keun,

The current development version OpendTect 4.3.1 supports a "Rotate phase"
option under the "Instantaneous" attributes. You can apply different phase
shifts to your seismic data and visually check the best match with a
reflectivity log. Attached is a low resolution image of a phase-rotated
seismic section that I compare with the reflectivity log (a high-resolution
image where you can read the text labels can be retrieved here:
ftp://ftp.dgbes.com/pub/Phase_Rotation.png ).

The well log display in this image is made with a new feature in 4.3.1. I
used the "Create log cube ..." option under the well menu. in this case a
5x5 traces cube around the well track was created and stored as a seismic
file. This new file was then displayed as a new attribute layer on inline
442.

Note 1: If you don't have a reflectivity log you can now create one from
available AI (or sonic & density) logs using the new Rock Physics module in
OpendTect. Go to "Manage Wells" and press "Create" to start the Rock
Physics module.

Note 2: In the current version you cannot use the "Evaluate Attribute"
option to compute N different phase rotations with say steps of 10 degrees.
This feature will be available in the next patch release.

Best regards,

Paul.
--
*Paul de Groot