[OpendTect_Users] Reminder: dGB booth, presentations and OpendTect user training in Pittsburgh, May 19-22

Venice Iskander venice.iskander at dgbes.com
Tue May 7 20:03:49 CEST 2013

Dear OpendTect users,

dGB will be visiting Pittsburgh, May 19 to 22 and we will have plenty of
interesting things to share.

*Our boo**th*: dGB Earth Sciences will be present at the AAPG Annual
Convention & Exhibition, 19-22 of May 2013, Pittsburgh . Please visit us at
our booth # 927 for a live demo of our cutting-edge OpendTect software. We
will demonstrate the latest developments of our HorizonCube and SSIS
technology for (seismic) sequence stratigraphic interpretation, and show
the latest gas chimney case studies, characterizing vertical fluid
migration for petroleum systems analysis and prospect ranking East-Africa.

*Training*: to support our user community, we are hosting an OpendTect
Introduction Training on Sunday May 19, before the Icebreaker. The training
will be held at the Wyndham Grand hotel, Forbes  Meeting Room from 9am till
4pm. We still have a few spots available, so if you're interested please
register at:
http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/opendtect-training-schedule-a-sign-up.html

*Science*:
David Connolly, our Chief Geologist will present a poster on May  21, 2013
from 8:30 am - noon:  Evidence for Expulsion of Hydrocarbons from Early
Mesozoic Source Rocks: Deepwater, Tanzania

In the same session Katie-Joe McDonough et al. will present work done in
the same basin, using OpendTect HorizonCube and SSIS: Offshore East Africa
Fan Chronostratigraphy from Wheeler-Transformed Seismic Data, ION
GeoVentures East AfricaSPAN

Finally, Wolak et al. is presenting a poster Monday, May 20 8:30am –
noon detailing
how OpendTect SSIS is used to train college students in understanding
sequence stratigraphy in 3 dimensions, her poster is titled: A New Era in
Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy: Computational Seismic Stratigraphy in the
Undergraduate Classroom

We are looking forward to see you in Pittsburgh.

--
 Venice Iskander
 Office Manager
 Email: Venice.Iskander at dgbes.com