[OpendTect_Users] Penobscot 3D - Survey

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgbes.com
Tue May 21 08:44:21 CEST 2013

Dear Mr. Rivas,

thanks for your e-mail. I had the very same question about a month ago, so
I contacted the department of Energy in Canada, and they let me know that
they had field-tapes of unknown format and quality that MAY originate from
this survey. Given the time and cost involved in getting the data out, edit
it, process it, and perhaps get something, I decided to let the opportunity
pass.

Sincerely,

Kristofer Tingdahl

On 17 May 2013 22:24, JUAN FELIPE LUJAN RIVAS <jlujanr at eafit.edu.co> wrote:

> Hello, i write from Eafit university in Colombia, i'm studying geology.
>
> I saw some information about the penobscot project in the OpendTect
> website, and i am very interested in seismic processing and interpretation,
> so i am trying to find a raw seismic data package to process for my degree
> project.
> I actually downloaded  the seismic 3d dataset available at
> https://opendtect.org/osr/pmwiki.php/Main/PENOBSCOT3DSABLEISLAND and
> worked a bit on it, but i found that in order to follow the processing
> steps i need a raw seismic project, and the Penobscot 3D Dataset already
> has some processing imprinted on it.
>
> I would like to know if is it possible to obtain some of the unprocessed
> shots obtained in the penobscot project, in order to learn how to do it and
> then redo the processing job by myself. That is what is my degree project
> all about.
>
> I really would appreciate if you could provide me the necessary raw shots
> to do my degree project, because fortunately, we already count with the
> geological information released about Nova Scotia Offshore.
>
> Thank you

Kristofer Tingdahl, Ph. D.
CEO
dGB Earth Sciences