[OpendTect_Users] GNSS coordinates, Decimal degree

Maurizio Ercoli maurizio.ercoli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:00:17 CET 2014

Dear all,

I'm sorry for my late reply, thanks to all for your advices.

Here below you can find a link to download a test SEG-Y file, with two
ascii files containing the coordinates (also in WGS84 UTM zone 33 N).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37804219/Lsf_300.zip

I can export directly UTM coordinates from my acquisition software with a
cm/mm resolution, but then I can't import e.g.

0    607778.360    4404971.106    33S    384.77

Dr. Julien Moreau highlights the real problem, I think..thanks.

A Odt tool (the 2D geometry works in this way?), that allows to directly
load the coordinates from the ascii files, could be really useful and it
can be a simple solution to that problem (e.g. also using a scalar like
1000). In this way, you could import the coordinates in Odt without
directly read into the SEG-Y file...also in the case of numerous and long
2D lines and/or 3D GPR volume.

Anyway, other solutions?

thanks to all, one more time.

best regards