[OpendTect_Users] Reminder for your Webinar Invitation "Join us for "OpendTect License Installation"

Webinar webinar at dgbes.com
Wed Mar 26 20:07:37 CET 2014

OpendTect License Installation

Join us for a Webinar on April 2
OpendTect License Installation

OpendTect licensing policies and the subsequent installation of licenses
can, at first sight, appear quite daunting. The aim of this webinar is
to cut through this and provide some clarity to this subject area.

Firstly, we will take a brief look at the structure of the OpendTect
software, along with the plugins, both open-source and commercial.

Secondly, we will briefly explain the triple nature of the licensing
policy and what that entails:
• GPL License
• Academic License
• Commercial License

Thirdly, we will look at the various license types and the different
installation methods these have:
• Node-locked licenses (this category also includes ‘Demo’, ‘Evaluation’
or ‘Eval’ licenses). These licenses can be installed in two distinct ways.
• Floating licenses (licenses managed by a license server). This is to
include a brief explanation of how the FlexNet license manager software
functions.

Finally, we will look, too, at ways of clearing license installation(s)
and various common issues that are faced by users on installing licenses
on their systems and when upgrading to new versions of the
software/license combination… and take your questions.

*Title:* 	OpendTect License Installation
*Date:* 	Wednesday, April 2, 2014
*Time:* 	9:00 AM - 10:00 AM CDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

*System Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/425254801

<https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/425254801>