[OpendTect_Users] Free OpendTect Introduction Class Stavanger

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Tue Feb 10 09:06:52 CET 2015

Dear OpendTect user,

Please be informed that we intend to organize another free-of-charge
Introduction
Class on OpendTect usage. This time in Stavanger.

*Course Content:*
This training covers the open source software, OpendTect, and assumes no
prior experience in operating the system. After the class, the participant
will be able to interact with the OpendTect visual environment, set up
projects, load data, interpret horizons, compute attributes and will be
familiar with all basic functionality, and independently perform basic
workflows.

*Preparation:*
Participants are expected to come with their own laptops on which OpendTect
v5.0 is already installed (www.opendtect.org). They should also download
and install a test data set (link will be sent later).

*Where:  *
Somewhere in Stavanger (exact venue to be announced)

*When: *
24th of February from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm.

*Who should attend:  *
Seismic Interpreters and Geo-science Students.

*Costs:*
Free.

*Conductor:*
Paul de Groot.

*Important Notice on Registration:*
Please register as soon as possible because this course is offered on a
first come, first serve basis and the number of participants is limited.
Moreover, we reserve the right to cancel the course if there are too few
registrations on Monday, Feb. 16th.  You can register here:
http://dgbes.com/index.php/contact/opendtect-training-stavanger.

Best regards,

Paul.

--